Terms and Conditions
- Fees are paid in advance per term to secure your place, please note some classes have waiting lists.
- You will be invoiced via email at the end of term and fees are due by the first week of the new term.
- An administrative fee of £6.50 will be added to any fees that are paid late.
- If you have two children at the school you will receive 10% discount.
- If you recommend a friend and they join the school you will receive a 10% discount.
- Fees are not refundable and cannot be carried forward.
- Fees are subject to change at the beginning of the academic year due to examinations, shows extra practice.
- EDA will only offer refunds for cancelled classes.
- Exam fees must be paid before the examination date and are non refundable.
- Show fees must be paid on time in order for your child to participate. Children are expected to commit to all rehearsals.
- The Elite Dancers Academy reserves the right to alter the timetable at any given time.
- EDA has the right to alter timetables should we be faced with our hall or venue not being able to facilitate our classes.
- A child will be able to make up any missed classes within any term. Fees are not amended if you are away during term time.
- To make sure all contact details are up to date by completing the online registration form before you enroll with the school. Please provide several contact numbers in the unlikely case of an accident.
- If a student is required to take medication whilst participating in EDA dance activities, parents/carers should take full responsibility and ensure teaching staff are properly informed.
- To make sure students attends class with the uniform specified and not a variation. All uniform can be purchased via our online shop.
- Hair is to be of an appropriate style for the class, a classical ballet bun or neat pony tail. Children will not be allowed to dance with their hair down, with incorrect uniform or inappropriate footwear.
- Please ensure your child has been to the toilet before class to avoid accidents and disruption.
- Please ensure that all children are collected on time at the end of their class by a parent or carer. Please notify the teacher at the start of the class if someone else will be collecting your child. If you are going to be late the child will remain in the studio with the teacher until you arrive.
- Please ensure our staff are aware of any medical conditions and any learning difficulties that may need special attention.
- Please sign in with the teacher or receptionist at your location so we can take note of attendance.
- EDA require 6 weeks notice if you are withdrawing your child’s place from the school, this can be done via a phone call or a written email. Please do not tell the ballet teacher as we have to formerly remove your date from our data base that the teacher does not have access to.
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations 2018 (GPDR)
- We do not disclose or sell personal data to third parties.
- We do not disclose personal data to other members of the School and their families.
- The School uses contact numbers and emails for newsletters, updates, whole school and individual communication, invoices and general information.
- Emergency Parent contact numbers are given to teachers termly for the sole use of emergency contact only.
- Personal data is stored in a locked password encrypted email database
- Paper registration forms are stored in a secured filing cabinet at the School’s office.
- Hard copy information is destroyed via secure information shredding service.
- When you leave the school all data is destroyed.
- Children will be entered for examinations when they are ready and not necessarily at the same time.
- Children are responsible for their dance wear and belongings – all kit should be labelled and put at the side of the studio neatly.
- Teachers at EDA hold enhanced DBS checks and are covered under Gallagher and Heath insurance.
- Teachers at EDA are fully qualified and hold RTS.
- Teaching staff at EDA will administer basic first aid and seek further medical treatment if necessary.
- Where appropriate teaching staff at EDA may use physical contact to support verbal instruction and corrections.
- EDA accepts no responsibility for loss or damage to personal belongings whilst on the premises.
The Principal of the school reserves the right to dismiss a student from the Academy at any given time. This includes; if school rules are not followed, inappropriate behaviour towards staff or other students or for failure to make payments on time.
PHOTOGRAPHY AND VIDEOGRAPHY
- My child may be included in photography taken during classes, rehearsals or performances with EDA, for use in advertising and marketing, leaflets/posters, website, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter promotion of The Elite Dancers Academy.
- Use of Photographic/Filming Equipment: If a parent wishes to photograph or film the end of term watching week class, they may do so with the permission of the Principal and the teacher’s consent. If permission has not been given and filming and photography has taken place we will ask you to remove all evidence of the photography/filming.
RAD Examination Protocol
EDA aims for all RAD students to enter exams annually – however this is not a ‘given’ as not all students learn at the same pace and other factors can affect their readiness. The final decision as to whether a child is ready to enter an examination is made in consultation between the student’s teacher and Yasmin Alamiri; Principal of Elite Dance Academy. The Principal’s decision will be final.
Students are only ever entered for exams when they:
- Attend classes regularly to ensure they have learned the syllabus
- Know all of the exercises thoroughly
- Are able to commit to extra examination coaching in the weeks leading up to the examination date
- Exam fees are paid before the examination date and are generally non refundable.
- If you miss the payment before the due date your child will not be able to take part in the exam
- Exam fees and extra coaching are an additional cost to the termly class fees
- Should you wish for your child NOT to be entered in an examination, an email should be sent to the Principal.
Elite strives to ensure that exams are a positive and rewarding experience. Elite has 100% pass rate with the RAD and has that record because the decision as to whether a student is entered has been based on the professional opinion/expertise of students’ teachers and the Principal. This not only enables retention of the valuable reputation that Elite has acquired, but also ensures that its students continue to be motivated and progress through the grades to the best of their ability.